Advanced Poll Tonight
If you are unable to vote on October 17th, in the byelection for a new Moose Jaw City Councillor, you have another opportunity to do so this evening.
See end of story for links to stories about the four Councillor candidates Mike Bachiu, Doug Blanc, Heather Eby and Steven White.
From 5–8 PM advance polls will once again be open at City Hall located at 228 Main Street North in the main lobby.
The schedule for remaining advance polls is:
Thursday, October 11, 2018, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 13, 2018, 12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m.
Monday, October 15, 2018, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The By-Election was called with the resignation of Don Mitchell at the end of June. Additionally, people of the Catholic faith may vote for a vacant trustee position on the Holy Trinity Separate School Division.
In order to vote you need to be:
1. Be a Canadian Citizen on the day of the By-Election;
2. Be 18 years of age on the day of the By-Election;
3. Have resided in Saskatchewan for at least six (6) consecutive months immediately preceding the By-Election Day; and
4. Have resided in the City of Moose Jaw for at least three (3) consecutive months preceding By-Election Day; or be the owner of assessable land in the City of Moose Jaw and have been so for at least three (3) consecutive months immediately preceding By-Election Day.
5. For the Separate School Board, in addition to #1, #2, and #3, you must have resided in the City of Moose Jaw for at least three (3) consecutive months preceding By-Election Day and be of the religious faith that established the school division.
Identification is required to vote as there is no enumeration.
In order to vote, you must have the following:
1. One government-issued identification that contains a photograph of the elector AND the name of the elector AND the address of the elector. (eg. Saskatchewan Driver’s License, Saskatchewan ID Card or other valid government issued photo ID).
2. Two pieces of identification which both show the name of the elector, and at least one of which also establishes their address.
Acceptable Non-Photo ID:
If you don’t have photo identification and are unable to obtain photo-ID before Election Day, you can present two (2) other pieces of information, as long as both contain your name and at least one contains your address.
• Valid ID cards or certificates issued by the Canadian or Saskatchewan government, a Saskatchewan municipality or school division, a Saskatchewan Indian band, the Métis Nation of Saskatchewan or an agency of one of these entities.
• Personal correspondence, benefit/contribution statements and tax/assessment notices issued by any of the above entities.
• Band/credit union cards, credit cards and statements.
• Utility bills and statements issued within six months of the date of the election.
• Personalized attestation of residence, letter of stay or admission form issued by a seniors or student residence, long term care or shelter facility.
Get to know the candidates: