Advanced Polls Start This Wednesday
For people unable to vote on By-Election Day (October 17th), the City is offering the opportunity to cast your vote starting this Wednesday.
All of the advance polls are in the Main Floor Lobby of City Hall located at 228 Main Street North.
The schedule for advance polls is:
Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 4, 2018, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 11, 2018, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 13, 2018, 12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m.
Monday, October 15, 2018, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The By-Election was called with the resignation of Don Mitchell at the end of June. Additionally, people of the Catholic faith may vote for a vacant trustee position on the Holy Trinity Separate School Division.
In order to vote you need to be:
1. Be a Canadian Citizen on the day of the By-Election;
2. Be 18 years of age on the day of the By-Election;
3. Have resided in Saskatchewan for at least six (6) consecutive months immediately preceding the By-Election Day; and
4. Have resided in the City of Moose Jaw for at least three (3) consecutive months preceding By-Election Day; or be the owner of assess-able land in the City of Moose Jaw and have been so for at least three (3) consecutive months immediately preceding By-Election Day.
5. For the Separate School Board, in addition to #1, #2, and #3, you must have resided in the City of Moose Jaw for at least three (3) consecutive months preceding By-Election Day and be of the religious faith that established the school division.
Identification is required to vote as there is no enumeration.
In order to vote, you must have the following:
1. One government-issued identification that contains a photograph of the elector AND the name of the elector AND the address of the elector. (eg. Saskatchewan Driver’s License, Saskatchewan ID Card or other valid government issued photo ID).
2. Two pieces of identification which both show the name of the elector, and at least one of which also establishes their address.
Acceptable Non-Photo ID:
If you don’t have photo identification and are unable to obtain photo-ID before Election Day, you can present two (2) other pieces of information, as long as both contain your name and at least one contains your address.
• Valid ID cards or certificates issued by the Canadian or Saskatchewan government, a Saskatchewan municipality or school division, a Saskatchewan Indian band, the Métis Nation of Saskatchewan or an agency of one of these entities.
• Personal correspondence, benefit/contribution statements and tax/assessment notices issued by any of the above entities.
• Band/credit union cards, credit cards and statements.
• Utility bills and statements issued within six months of the date of the election.
• Personalized attestation of residence, letter of stay or admission form issued by a seniors or student residence, long term care or shelter facility.