Progress Being Made Athabasca To Open - Main To Remain Closed
With construction and repair season in full swing it is a mixed bag depending on how you look at it.
At Monday night's Council meeting Administration provided updates as to the percentages of which projects have been completed.
By the weekend Athabasca Street from the 0 block west and further eastward is set to be completed.
Main Street, initially set to be closed for two weeks will remain closed for just over two more weeks.
Here is a list of the project completion rates:
- Installed over 50% of pipe through the Water Main Replacement Program, plus completed 39 private service connections.
- Completed one of two sites in the Water Main Lining Program.
- Completed over 55% of the East Feeder Main Phase 3 construction
- Completed 80% of road repair projects, including 31.2 lane km of roadways resurfaced, 2.8 lane km of roadways rebuilt and 2.5 lane km of roadways repaired
- Repaired over 2700 potholes
- 75% of concrete work completed, including 170 metres of curb, 130 metres of sidewalk and 10 pedestrian ramps
- Completed restoration on 12 manholes
Completed 1377 metres of sewer lining